Frequently Asked Questions
Virtual Courses – Special Criteria due to COVID
AIEME is now transitioning back into onsite courses however, numerous venues are stating that they will maintain restrictions possibly through the end of the year. As we have entered Phase III, there are concerns regarding an increase in cases therefore, out of respect to both the venues and our participants, we will still offer a number of virtual courses to assist with maintenance of ACLS/PALS/BLS skills. Below are answers to some frequently asked questions:
1) Due to the pandemic, special consideration was provided to us by the AHA to provide courses using a virtual format.
2) Virtual courses are not “online” courses. These are “live” courses, led by an AHA instructor, using the Zoom format.
3) Everyone participating in these courses must be a “renewal” therefore having already demonstrated mannequin proficiency.
4) Everyone must have a working camera / microphone and be present throughout the entire course just as if this was an onsite course.
5) Skills will be demonstrated on camera. This simulation is no different than if you attended an onsite course but had an injury which prohibited you from actually pressing down on the mannequin. Just as special dispensation is made for those scenarios, special dispensation is being made for those who need to attend virtually.
6) This course is ideal for those concerned about exposures or those who have been exposed / possibly been exposed as it still offers them the opportunity to maintain their training.
7) Course cards are no different than those issued for an onsite course.
Thank you and we look forward to the day when we no longer will need virtual classes! 🙂
Course Times & Locations
For onsite courses, the following times are standard. Times can be verified on the AIEME calendar by positioning your mouse over the specific course date.
BLS – 08:30 AM ACLS – 08:30 AM PALS – 01:00 PM
The following locations serve as venues for AIEME courses:
1) Shriners Hospital – 12502 USF Pine Drive, Tampa, FL 33612
2) Watson Clinic – 1600 Lakeland Hills Blvd, Lakeland, FL 33805
3) Salvation Army Conference Centrer – 1625 N Belcher Rd., Clearwater, FL 33765
4) Kindred Hospital South Tampa – 4555 S Manhattan Ave, Tampa, FL 33611
5) Kindred Hospital Central Tampa – 4801 N Howard Ave., Tampa, FL 33603
6) Kindred Hospital St. Petersburg – 3030 6th St S, St. Petersburg, FL 33705
Recently Added Courses
Retrieving Claimed ACLS / PALS / BLS cards
If you have claimed your card but are now unable to locate it, simply go to the following link and you can gain access to your account:
Cancellation / Financial Policies
At least one (1) business day prior to the referenced course
– ACLS tuition minus $10 credit card fee
– PALS tuition minus $10 credit card fee
– BLS tuition minus $5 credit card fee
Failure to Cancel*
– No refunds
*Special Consideration will be given in the event of Medical / Family Emergencies, Shift Scheduling
Credit Card “Chargebacks”
Dealing with “chargebacks” is the equivalent to measures needed for non-sufficient checks. The original tuition plus $35 will be needed to remove a “void” status being placed on the participant’s course completion card(s). Our company’s name is most commonly abbreviated to – “Assoc in Emerg Med Educ, Lutz, Florida.” Please look for this prior to requesting a “chargeback.”
Non-sufficient checks will result in the need to re-pay the original tuition plus $35. After payment is received, a “void” status will be removed from the participant’s course completion card(s).