Acceptance of Terms
AIEME grants a limited, nonexclusive, revocable, nontransferable license to view the contents at www.aieme.com exclusively on the terms and conditions set forth herein.
Copyright on this Web Site, including all materials included in it, is owned by or licensed to AIEME, and all rights are reserved. You must abide by all copyright notices and restrictions contained on the Site.
You may not copy, distribute, enter into a database, display, perform, create derivative works of, transmit, or otherwise use any materials from the Web Site (including audiovisual material, text, graphics or computer programs or other code) (“Site Materials”), except that (1) you may access and view and audiovisual materials pursuant to the terms of the AIEME End User License Agreement offered during the process of purchasing a license for limited use of the audiovisual content, or (2) you may download one machine-readable copy of the Site Materials (other than audiovisual content) only for personal, noncommercial use. You agree not to alter the text, graphics or audiovisual content, and to refrain from removing any trademark, copyright, or other notice displayed on the Site Materials.
Associates in Emergency Medical Education, Inc., AIEME, the AIEME Logo, and any other trademarks or trade names on the Site are trademarks owned by AIEME OR under license to AIEME (“AIEME Trademarks”). You may not use the AIEME Trademarks in connection with any product or service that does not belong to us, nor in any manner that is likely to cause confusion among users about whether we are the source, sponsor, or endorser of the product or service, nor in any manner that disparages or discredits us.
Though we believe this information contained in this Web Site or in Site Materials to be accurate at the time of its creation of posting, there may be omissions or inaccuracies in this information and AIEME is not responsible for any errors or omissions in the information contained in this Web Site or in Site Materials, or for the results obtained from the use of any information contained herein. The information conveyed on the Web Site or obtained from AIEME is the opinion of AIEME only at the time of the creation or posting and in no way reflects the opinions of any governmental agency. The Programs are not designed to replace, establish or advocate any particular policy for any user’s employer or agency.
Further, laws and regulations change, and the application and impact of such laws and regulations may vary based on the specific facts and circumstances. Accordingly, the information on this Web Site is provided with the understanding that AIEME is not herein engaged in rendering legal or professional advice or services. As such, this Web Site should not be used as a substitute for the user’s consultation with its professional advisors. The Web Site, including all information included therein, is provided “as is,” with no guarantee of completeness, accuracy, timeliness, or of the results obtained from the use of this information.
NO ORAL OR WRITTEN INFORMATION, ADVICE OR ADVERTISEMENT GIVEN BY AIEME, ITS CONTRACTORS, SUPPLIERS, DISTRIBUTORS, AGENTS OR EMPLOYEES WILL CREATE A WARRANTY, AND YOU AGREE NOT TO RELY ON ANY SUCH INFORMATION OR ADVERTISEMENT FOR SUCH PURPOSES. THE PROGRAMS ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS, AS AVAILABLE” BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING COMPLETENESS, ACCURACY, OR TIMELINESS. THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, TITLE AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMED. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE OF THE SITE MATERIALS IS WITH END USER. END USER ASSUMES THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR OR CORRECTION. SOME STATES MAY NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY. THIS WARRANTY PROVIDES SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS AND THE END USER MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS THAT VARY FROM STATE TO STATE.
Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT WILL AIEME OR ANYONE ELSE WHO HAS BEEN INVOLVED IN THE CREATION, PRODUCTION OR DELIVERY OF THE SITE MATERIALS BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING ANY LOST PROFITS, SAVINGS, DAMAGE TO HARDWARE OR LOST OR DAMAGED DATA OR OTHER PROGRAMS ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITE MATERIALS OR ASSOCIATED INFORMATION (IF ANY), EVEN IF AIEME HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY SHALL APPLY NOTWITHSTANDING ANY FAILURE OF THE ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF ANY LIMITED REMEDY OR ANY CLAIM BY ANY OTHER PARTY. AIEME’S SOLE LIABILITY TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY, AND YOUR SOLE REMEDY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT, THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITE MATERIALS OR THE INFORMATION PROVIDED HEREWITH, OR DECISION MADE OR ACTION TAKEN IN RELIANCE UPON SUCH INFORMATION, HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), OR OTHERWISE WILL NOT EXCEED IN THE AGGREGATE THE FEE PAID BY YOU FOR THE SITE MATERIALS, IF ANY. SOME STATES MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES SO ALL OR A PORTION OF THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY.
Links to Third Party Websites
Certain links in this Web Site may connect to other web sites maintained by third parties. AIEME has no control over these web sites or the information or goods or services provided by such third parties. AIEME shall have no liability for any use or reliance of a user on these third-party web sites.
Links, Frames, and Metatags
You may link to the home page of the Web Site as long as the link does not cast us in a false or misleading light. You may not link to any subpage of the Web Site. You may not frame the content of the Web Site. You may not use metatags or any other “hidden text” that incorporates the AIEME Trademarks or our name without our express written consent.
You agree to abide by The Forum User Rules below, as they may be modified from time to time. Please be aware that if you decide to disclose personally identifiable information on the Forum, this information may become public. AIEME does not control the acts of other visitors to the Forum, so please be cautious when deciding to reveal personal information on the Forum. If you believe a Forum participant is improperly collecting or using information about you or other users, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
P.O. Box 2104
Lutz, Florida 33548
Please be aware that if you decide to disclose personally identifiable information on the Forum, this information may become public. AIEME does not control the acts of other visitors to the Forum, so please be cautious when deciding to reveal personal information on the Forum. If you believe a Forum participant is improperly collecting or using information about you or other users, please contact us at email@example.com.
We reserve the right to terminate the Web Site and this Agreement at any time without notice for any reason, including, in the case of the Agreement, for your violation of any of its provisions. The Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability and Governing Law sections of this User Agreement shall survive any such termination.
The Forum User Rules
You acknowledge that to the extent that you include personally identifiable information in Submissions, we may republish such information as part of the content. If we republish your content, we may provide authorship credit by listing your name as well.
2. Forum Community Rules. We have adopted the “Forum Community Rules” set forth below to create a forum where information can be shared in a productive way. While using the Forum, you agree to adhere to the Forum Community Rules below.
You agree to:
• Respect other Forum participants – please do not threaten, insult, abuse, intimidate or harass other Forum participants.
• Use the Forum for your personal use only. Posting entries solely to promote your own projects or commercial interests is not allowed.
You agree not to:
• Post any private information, or otherwise harvest, collect or disclose information, about another Forum participant without his or her express consent.
• Post any content, information or disclosures that could be a violation of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) or any other state, federal, or local statute, regulation, code or common law principle.
• Post any content to the Forum that is unlawful, racist, hateful, libelous, defamatory, obscene, or that intentionally discriminates against or harasses particular individuals or groups.
• Post any content to the Forum that infringes any third-party’s intellectual property or other rights.
• Use the Forum for any unlawful purpose, or transmit or otherwise make available in connection with the Forum any material that would give rise to criminal or civil liability.
• Use the Forum for advertisements, chain letters, “spamming,” survey solicitations, junk mail or solicitations.
• Impersonate any person or entity, including any AIEME employees, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity.
• Imply or state that AIEME endorses any of your statements or positions.
• Transmit any harmful, invasive or disruptive code or other materials (such as viruses, worms or web bugs) through or to the Forum, or otherwise “hack” or deface any portion of the Forum.
• Frame or mirror any part of the Forum without our prior written authorization.
3. AIEME’s Proprietary Rights and Re-Use Policy. You acknowledge and agree that the information and materials presented on or through the Forum will remain the property of AIEME and its licensors or providers, and are protected by copyright, trademark, patent, and/or other proprietary rights and related laws, rules and regulations. The materials produced by AIEME (including photographs, graphics, video and audio content) are protected by copyright including, where applicable, as a collective work or compilation under the copyright laws of the United States and other countries. All individual articles, content and other elements comprising this compilation and produced by AIEME are also copyrighted works. You agree to abide by all additional copyright notices or restrictions contained in any materials produced by AIEME.
The trademarks, service marks, logos and trade names displayed on the Forum (collectively the “Marks”) are the registered and unregistered trademarks of AIEME, AIEME’s licensors and suppliers, and others. All Marks on the Forum not owned by AIEME are the property of their respective owners. The Marks owned by AIEME, whether registered or unregistered, may not be used in connection with any product or service that is not AIEME’s.
5. Information Available on or Through the Forum. Some information made available on or through the Forum is provided by third parties (such as news services) or other Forum participants (such information referred to as “Third-Party Content”). The inclusion or appearance of Third-Party Content on the Forum does not indicate any approval or endorsement by AIEME of such Third-Party Content, or of any opinion, advice, or other information made or displayed on the Forum by any user or other third party. AIEME is not responsible for, and hereby disclaims any and all liability that may arise from Third-Party Content.
6. Links. Forum participants may, on occasion, include links to other web sites and resources in their postings. Because AIEME has no control over such sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that AIEME does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from such sites or resources, or for the availability of such external sites or resources. AIEME shall have the right, but not the obligation, at any time and in its sole discretion, to block links from or to the Forum through technological or other means, without prior notice.
7. Claims of Copyright Infringement. The Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the “DMCA”) provides recourse for copyright owners who believe that material appearing on the Internet infringes their rights under U.S. copyright law. If you believe in good faith that materials hosted by AIEME infringe your copyright, you (or your agent) may send us a notice requesting that the material be removed, or access to it blocked. Notices and counter-notices must meet the then-current statutory requirements imposed by the DMCA; see http://www.loc.gov/copyright/ for details. Notices and counter-notices with respect to the Forum should be sent to:
P.O. Box 2104
Lutz, Florida 33548
Attention: Legal Notice
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
8. Access By Minors. The Forum is intended for visitors aged 18 and up. Pursuant to 47 U.S.C. Section 230(d), as amended, we hereby notify you that parental control protections (such as computer hardware, software or filtering services) are commercially available that may assist you in limiting access to material that is harmful to minors.
9. Jurisdictional Issues. The Forum is controlled and operated by AIEME from its principal office in Florida, U.S.A., and is not intended to subject AIEME to the laws or jurisdiction of any other state, country or territory. Those who choose to access the Forum do so on their own initiative and at their own risk, and are solely responsible for complying with all local laws, rules, and regulations.
11. Disclaimers. THE FORUM IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY. YOU AGREE THAT YOU MUST EVALUATE AND BEAR ALL RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH THE USE OF THE FORUM, AND ANY RELIANCE ON THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, OR USEFULNESS THEREOF. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, AIEME DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THE FORUM.
12. Limitation of Liability. NEITHER AIEME NOR ANY OF OUR AFFILIATES, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES OR CONSULTANTS ARE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE OR OTHER DAMAGES UNDER ANY CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHER THEORY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING IN ANY WAY TO THE FORUM AND/OR MATERIALS CONTAINED ON THE FORUM, ANY LINKED SITE OR ANY CONTENT OR SERVICE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE FORUM. YOUR SOLE REMEDY FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE FORUM, CONTENT, SERVICES OR ANY LINKED SITE IS TO STOP YOUR USE OF IT.
1. How we gather information about you
This Web Site collects and maintains certain personal information about you when you send us e-mail or complete any of our online forms such as Register or Contact Us. The personal information you provide can identify you and your business individually, and includes items such as your name and e-mail address, address, company name and department, credit card type, number, expiration date and CVV number.
This Web Site also collects, or logs, certain other information that cannot identify you personally when you visit our Web Site. This information includes your Internet Protocol (hereinafter “IP”) address. An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer by the ISP computer through which you access the web. This Web Site logs these IP addresses and domain names and aggregates them for system administration and to monitor the use of our site. We may use the aggregated information to measure the number of visits to our site, the average time spent on our site, the number of pages viewed, and various other site use statistics. This monitoring helps us evaluate how our Web Site is used and continuously improve the content we provide. While we may review and report aggregated IP address information to AIEME program participants, this Web Site does not link IP addresses or domain names with any personally identifiable information, which means that a visitor’s session will be logged on our servers but the visitor will always remain anonymous.
2. Ways information about you is collected
We may actively collect information about you from the following sources: applications, forms, and other information that you provide to us, whether in writing, in person, by telephone, electronically, or by any other means, and by public sources and credit reporting agencies. This information may include your name, address, billing information, and recent purchases. If you choose to send email messages to AIEME, we may retain the content of your e-mail message, your email address, and our subsequent responses. Please be careful about the information that you provide us by e-mail; as with any public web site, this channel of communication is not necessarily secure against interception.
In addition, we may utilize passive information collection means. As you navigate through this Web Site, certain information can be passively collected (that is, gathered without your actively providing the information) using various technologies and means, such as navigational data collection. This site may use Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. An IP address is a number assigned to your computer by your Internet service provider so you can access the Internet and is generally considered to be non-personally identifiable information, because in most cases an IP address is dynamic (changing each time you connect to the Internet), rather than static (unique to a particular user’s computer). We use your IP address to diagnose problems with our server, report aggregate information, determine the fastest route for your computer to use in connecting to our site, and administer and improve the site.
“Internet tags” (also known as Web Bugs, single-pixel GIFs, clear GIFs, invisible GIFs, and 1 by 1 GIFs) are smaller than cookies and tell the Website server information such as the IP address and browser type related to the visitor’s computer. We do not use Internet tags at this site.
“Navigational data” (“log files,” “server logs,” and “clickstream” data) are used for system management, to improve the content of the site, market research purposes, and communicate information to visitors. This site uses navigational data.
If you have joined the Web Site, we may send you, via e-mail or post, information impacting our community that we think you might find useful. If you do not wish to receive these communications, please opt-out by sending an e-mail to email@example.com stating that you would like to be removed from our mailing list.
3. Ways information about you is used
We use the information you provide us to contact you in response to any requests, complaints, or comments you may have about this Web Site, our products or AIEME. If you have used our Register form and have elected to join our mailing list, we may also use the information you have provided to us to contact you in the future regarding AIEME or our products or our partners.
4. What information about you is shared
AIEME does not collect or compile personal information for distribution to parties outside of AIEME. Except as described below, AIEME does not share any information about you with any parties outside of AIEME.
We will disclose personal information to comply with valid legal processes such as a search warrant, subpoena, or court order, judicial process or regulatory authorities, to prevent fraudulent transactions, or to protect our rights and property. We will disclose information when we believe in good faith that the law requires it.
AIEME has policies and procedures to limit employee and consultant access to information to only those employees and consultants with a business reason for accessing such information. AIEME educates its employees and consultants about the importance of confidentiality and customer privacy. We take appropriate disciplinary measures to enforce employee and consultant responsibilities regarding customer information.
5. Implications of collecting and sharing information about you
If you send us e-mail or use our Register form, we will send you an online acknowledgment that we have received your contact. When you complete our Register form, you will join our mailing list, so you may also receive other contact from us regarding our community or other topics we feel may be of interest to you.
You will not receive any contact from third parties outside of AIEME as a result of providing information to us, other than its officers, directors, or consultants and only for the purpose of conducting official Association business.
6. Ways you can control the information collected about you
When you submit an inquiry, complaint, or comment to the Web Site, you have the opportunity to join our mailing list. If at a later time you wish to change your participation in our mailing list, please use an e-mail request and our staff will make the appropriate change for you. You will receive confirmation that we have received your communication.
If you would like to update information previously submitted to this Web Site or request to have outdated information removed, please follow the links on the Web Site to update such information. To update or modify any information other than that which you may personally update, please e-mail your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. E-mailing AIEME
This Website allows you to send e-mail to AIEME and certain designated individuals. Information you send us will be considered non-confidential and may be used by AIEME or its affiliates without restriction. DO NOT SEND INFORMATION THAT YOU CONSIDER CONFIDENTIAL OR PROPRIETARY, INCLUDING BUSINESS PLANS OR IDEAS, INVENTIONS, AND THE LIKE.
AIEME takes reasonable steps to protect your personally identifiable information as you transmit your information from your computer to our site and to protect such information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. You should keep in mind that no Internet transmission is ever 100 percent secure or error-free. In particular, e-mail sent to or from this site may not be secure, and you should therefore take special care in deciding what information you send to us via e-mail. Moreover, where you use passwords, ID numbers, or other special access features on this site, it is your responsibility to safeguard them.
Course Cancellation Policy (AIEME)
AIEME reserves the right to cancel any course at any time without any prior notification. Should a course be canceled, all efforts will be made to transfer any students registered for the canceled course to a future course of like content (i.e. BLS students will be transferred to a future BLS course). Should a student not wish to transfer to a future course date, for courses canceled greater than 7 days prior to the originally scheduled course date, a refund for tuition money paid minus a $10 administrative fee per registered course will be granted; for courses canceled less than 7 days prior to the originally scheduled course date, a complete refund for tuition money paid will be granted. AIEME is not responsible for lost income should a student not be able to work due to lack of credentialing in the case of a course being canceled.
Course Cancellation Policy (Registrants)
We understand that circumstances may arise that require students to cancel their registered courses. If you find yourself in such a situation, we are here to help.
If you wish to cancel your course registration prior to the course date, we would be pleased to refund the full amount of your registration. However, please note that the refund will be less the credit card fees incurred for each course.
For BLS courses, there is a $5 fee, and for ACLS/PALS courses, a $10 fee will be deducted from your refund.
Unfortunately, if you are cancelling after the course date has passed, we are unable to offer refunds. However, we understand that life can be unpredictable and we are more than happy to assist you in transferring your registration to a different date.
We are also willing to consider any extenuating circumstances that may have contributed to your inability to attend the course. We aim to be as accommodating as possible in these situations.
Protection of children’s online privacy on this Web Site
AIEME understands the importance of protecting children’s privacy, especially in an online environment. Protecting children’s identities and information online is important. AIEME does not knowingly solicit data from children online, nor does AIEME market online products and services to children.
Additional Privacy Rights and Resources
You may have other privacy protections under state laws, and AIEME will comply with applicable state laws with regard to our information practices.
How to Contact Us
P.O. Box 2104
Lutz, Florida 33548